The list of submittal requirements is lengthy and not easy to understand for persons unfamiliar with the building permit process. Listed below are some more major items needed when you submit your permit application.
- A paragraph explaining the scope of work you are hoping to get building permit approval for.
- Type of sewage disposal system. If it is not connected to a public sewer system, you will need health department approval befoe making your application.
- You must tell the plans reviewer what codes you have designed your construction project with. The codes must meet the requirements that have been adopted in the state where the project is being built.
- A vicinity map showing the building inspector and plans reviewer where your project is located geographically.
- A water availibility letter from the water purveyor for that particular piece of property. Including fire flow capacity.